From Teaching No. 299 (Christmas Eve 1949)
6. On this day when men commemorate that dawn when the Baby Messiah initiated His journey on the Earth, I want all mankind to feel My spiritual presence. I want the children to rejoice in Me, that the young people stop for a moment to remember the One who became man for love in order to save you, and that the elderly, who shed their tears meditating upon this teaching and reminiscing those happy days of their childhood, feel My peace within their hearts.
7. Happiness and sadness will have to mingle, recalling the material bosom that cradled you, the love and caresses of your parents, the happy but brief infancy and then, everything you have been losing in the world: Parents, childhood, happiness and innocence.
10. Not only men remember with joy the day when on Earth, took place the miracle that the Word of God became man, the spiritual world also partakes of this joy in the contemplation of the divine works of the Lord.
13. Oh blessed and beloved people! Keep those sacred remembrances deep within your heart, and may they be the pathway and the light in your life. If you observe that during these commemorations men go beyond the limits of respect for the divine and fall into profanations, forgive them as I forgive them, and I will make My light reach them too.
A commotion of a spiritual order will occur among mankind as it has been predicted, and then men shall awaken to return to Me. The pathways are being prepared; trials and extraordinary events will shake the world, and they will be like voices of justice, calling men to regeneration.
16. I bless you, saying to you also that, wherever the incarnation of the Verb is remembered and the Nativity of Jesus is recalled, there will be present the sweet mantle of your Celestial Mother, who was made woman so that, through Her bosom, God could pass to become man.
17. If Mary conceived the Master great, likewise must be she that became a human mother to bring him into the world.
18. She did not come only to love her only begotten Son, her Divine love is a universal mantle of consolation. Her presence, in all eras, is of tenderness and intercession. Look for her, and you shall find, in her, a ladder that will lead you to Me.
21. I come to bring you My peace so that later you will carry it to all the nations of the Earth, because the peace is the highest ideal you must aspire to.
22. The peace of the spirit is a state from where you can admire the light of My Wisdom and comprehend all that a disturbed mind cannot penetrate for lack of that peace.
23. Mankind needs peace in their spirit, tranquility in their heart, but those riches cannot be obtained by force nor can they be bought at any price. It is a grace that can be attained through perseverance in Good.
24. I entrust to you the seed of peace, beloved people, so that you will spread it on Earth. But truly I say to you, that you are not the only ones who will propagate this seed, because in the bosom of other congregations, the same as in this nation, as well as in other countries, there exists men who pray for peace, who long for the well-being of their fellowmen, and to achieve their ideal they work laboriously.
26. Man carries within the immortal strength of the spirit and he will know how to rise from his decadence with the yearning for liberation, with a longing to elevate themselves.
27. This is a time when man recognizes the capacity and the power of his intelligence; the only thing needed is for him to allow his spirit to avail himself of that power, so he performs the deeds that the Lord commands in the book of His Doctrine.
29. I have prepared for all a crossroad along the pathway, where all will converge and acknowledge each other as brethren of ideals, struggles and faith.
30. I truly say to you that everywhere in the world spiritualists are disseminated, prepared men who will contribute to the peace of Mankind.
Moreover, I say to you, that the union among the spiritualists of the whole world shall not be made by means of an organization of a new church, because its strength will not be material. Their unification shall be through thoughts, ideals and deeds, and in this manner their strength shall be invincible, because they had taken it from the eternal fountain that is within My Spirit.
32. Everyone has the duty to allow that through his gifts, the spiritualist doctrine be clarified and defined, keeping vigil so it will not become contaminated with human philosophies.
33. Already in the past eras, men have mixed up My revelations and teachings with their ideas, their philosophies, and theories, for which reason they have only succeeded in dividing and confusing Mankind.
35. To the conservatives of rituals, to those who insist in personifying God in forms, objects and images, I say to them, that if they do not follow the pathway of spirituality, without being aware of it, they are the ones who contribute to wars among the nations, to the complete disregard of brothers to brothers.
38. Have you not been aware yet, that the ambition, the fanaticism and the foolishness are like an avalanche that once overflowed, you cannot stop?
39. I do not come to combat the beliefs of anyone when the former are set on the way to the truth; but I do come to combat the mistakes in whoever they are found.
40. From now on, direct your efforts towards the same end, congrue and harmonize your vision of the spiritual. Nobody should believe himself to be following a better pathway than his brother, nor believe to be dwelling in a scale superior to that of the others.
I say to you that on that dying moment, it will be My voice that will tell you the truth of your elevation.
43. Humanity: During these days when you commemorate the birthday of Jesus, you allow peace to enter your heart, and it is then when you appear like a united and happy family. I know that not all hearts feel a sincere happiness when they remember My coming to this world in that era. Very few are those who devote themselves to meditation and spiritual withdrawal, letting that happiness be internal and that the feast of remembrance be in the spirit.
47. Nobody must think that I come to erase from your heart the purest feast that you celebrate in the year when you commemorate the Nativity of Jesus. I only come to teach you to give to the world what pertains to the world and to the spirit what pertains to the spirit, because if you have so many feasts to celebrate human events, why don’t you leave this feast to the spirit, so that he, converted into a child, draws near to offer Me his present of love, so that he acquires the simplicity of the shepherds to adore Me, and the humility of the wise to bow their heads and present their science before the owner of the true wisdom?
53. This is the most tender commemoration of the many you observe for your Master. The hearts of the children overflow in jubilation, and that of the elders is flooded with peace and hope in the Saviour.
54. You who have the grace of hearing this word, are of the few who commemorate this feast without rituals, celebrating it within the pureness of the heart. In that manner you could not fall into profanation.
It is because the comprehension has reached your mind, that the best commemoration, the one that pleases the most before the Lord, is the one that you do when you apply to your life the examples of the Master, when you live His Doctrine.
My Peace be with you!
From Teaching No. 202 (Christmas Eve)
29. Under the Divine influence of those memories, all beings come closer, those absent are brought to mind, the offenses are forgiven, families are united, friends visit one another, hearts are filled with hope. It seems that everyone awaits something unknown which they are unable to define, on this Night, when men manifest a little tenderness in their hardened hearts, and others a little spirituality over their materialism.
But I ask you: “Do you believe that only this Night deserves to be called holy by men? With a little love, could you not make it possible that every night and day of your existence be holy, so that you may see that all of life, without exception of a single instant, is holy?”
34. Ah! If you could come with Me in spirit and behold from here all the misery of Humanity!
35. If the powerful, the wealthy, and those who live surrounded in comfort, would like to be with Me on this night, I would take them in spirit to those places of suffering and poverty which they do not want to see.
36. Then I would say to them: “Leave your feasting for a while, and together we will go through those places where your poor brethren live. Let us see how they live on this blessed night, of sorrow for some and feasting for others. Do not fear,” I would say to them, “I am only asking for a few moments, and then you can return to your feasting and merriment.”
Then I would take them from place to place, and I would show them an aged mother who, in the loneliness of her miserable bedroom, mourns the loss of her sons who were her hope, and who were snatched from her by the war.
37. That woman lives only through memories and prayers. While many become intoxicated with pleasure, she drinks her cup of bitterness; her spirit only waits for that hour to leave this world and penetrate into eternity, because her hope in Humanity has long been dead.
38. Later I would show them the children, wandering among Humanity who does not respect the life of their fellowman; they do not love nor comprehend those in need.
39. I would make those men listen to the very profound questions of the children, who, in their human innocence, ask themselves the why of so much injustice, so much hatred, selfishness, and cruelty.
40. Then I would take them to those places where the moanings and lamentations of the sick are smothered; of those who have seen their body succumb, like a twig breaking when lashed by a hurricane; those are the sick, the rejected, the forgotten ones.
41. Later on I would allow the prison doors to be opened in order to behold the thousands of beings who have fallen into the darkness of captivity for lack of love, charity, light, justice, and peace.
42. And thus, from place to place, I would present to them, in one single scene, all the misery and pain which has been brought about by the ambitions, the greed, the hatred, the materialism, and the insatiable thirst for power of the conceited ones with their false lordliness, of those who believe themselves powerful, but are not; neither do they allow others to possess what justly corresponds to them.
43. However, I do not call on them, because I know that even though My voice is heard within their conscience, they are deaf to its calling.
44. But you, My beloved people, who are listening to Me, who know of privations, of loneliness, indifference, and forlornness, and for that reason vibrate together with that Humanity who weeps in hunger and thirsts for justice, come to Me, and together, in spirit, we shall visit the sick, the sorrowful, all the poor and forgotten ones of the world.
47. Do you see those multitudes who are full of animation? They are soldiers who have paused briefly from their battle to offer Me a few minutes of prayer and remembrance; but their joy and animation are fictitious; they eat and drink to calm their sorrows, but in their heart there is great pain.
They suffer, O! My people! They suffer very much, and above all during this night, which is torture for them; each memory is a thorn, each name or face they recall is like a wound.
49. Many of them suffer, taking away lives, destroying homes and cities, sowing pain, grief, and tears, and then they believe to have lost all rights to return home, to peace, to the bosom of their loved ones.
50. I know that many of them are not guilty; they do not harbor hatred or perversity in their heart. I know that they are victims, slaves, and instruments of the real guilty ones.
51. Only I can rescue them, only My love can shield them, for they are alone in the world.
53. Pray, O! My People! and in so doing you make it possible for the world to hope for the dawn of a new day; that men can remember My promise, the one that speaks of better times, of spirituality, and happiness.
54. I also say to you: “Let us go to the heart of the children and seek those who lack everything. Behold them – they sleep, and in their sleep there is no reproach toward anyone, even though their bed is very hard.”
55. Today there was no bread upon the table; nevertheless, they rest with hope for a new day. They dress in rags, but they feel no shame, because they are innocent and they smile, though their bodies lack warmth. They are angels on Earth, for in their innocent smiles, they reflect something of the purity of the Heavens.
56. O! Innocence! Shield them with your mantle, for theirs is the Kingdom of the Heavens.
57. All of you call this night a Holy Night and I pour a shower of blessings upon all My children.
58. You must know that I am yours and you are mine. Remember that I proved My love, coming to live amongst you humble people, being born in poverty, struggling among thistles, and dying in disgrace.
59. You cannot say that I do not understand you, for I not only have seen your pain, but I have lived through it.
60. I also speak about the elderly, those who long ago left the prime of their lives, and now they feel the cold of winter. As they grow older, they are lacking strength, the energy, and health; the work becomes heavy, their limbs turn sluggish, and their services are no longer needed for work.
61. Thus the elderly see themselves excluded from the struggle of the rest; they feel abandoned, and their heart, depressed, sinks with sadness and has to experience hardship, misery, hunger, and loneliness. I speak about them, because they also need your aid and comfort. Love them, O! My people! And you will have the right to sit at the great table of the spiritual banquet where I will say to you: “Blessed are you who, in imitation of the Master, were able to understand all those who suffer.”
65. Is it possible that the heart of Mankind is not moved before the great scenes of suffering and misery that this Humanity presents? Yes, yes it is possible: though I see those who do not suffer misery regard, with a caressing look, the wealth they possess, with a greater loving care than for those beings, children of God.
66. Beloved people: You have accompanied Me during these brief moments to visit the needy; blessed are you for that. Do not think that I forsake the rich and the powerful, because apparently they do not need Me; I am the only One who better knows their misery and their bitterness, and who is better aware of their misfortunes; but today they believe to have it all; therefore, why should they seek Me since I am, according to them, the Christ of the sick, of the outcast, of the sorrowful? They are not aware that My mission is to save them from their false splendor, in order to give them the true and eternal happiness.
67. Aside from you, My people, do you know who else has tenderly listened to My word and has felt her Spirit vibrate with love? It is Mary, the Maternal Spirit who dwells within the bosom of the Creator, and whose essence will always be united with the memory of Jesus.
68. Her passage on Earth, although longer than mine – because she came before and departed afterward – was short; Her words, brief and sweet, were a celestial caress.
69. Sense Her in spirit, love Her and seek Her spiritually; know that in as many charitable deeds that you perform, She will be with you; that She has her mantle of intercession and tenderness extended over an ailing and bloody world, and that in each of your complaints or afflictions, you can hear a voice responding with tenderness: “Do not fear, be confident, for I am here.”
70. And thus, My people, you have been with Me; My gentle breath has penetrated into your heart on this Holy Night, and I have made you forget every hardship.
My Peace be with you!